Jeremy serves as a Chaplain with We Care Program. We Care Program began some 50 years ago and pursues its purpose to “Proclaim Christ and Disciple Inmates” by:
- Placing and training missionary chaplains to serve in correctional facilities that request assistance, realizing the importance of maintaining healthy relationships with correctional administrations and submitting to existing authority structures.
- Fostering relationships with inmates by sharing encouragement and friendship, while understanding the urgency of sharing the Gospel message with those who are not yet following Christ.
- Encouraging Christian inmates to live in community within the prison by working towards unity among believers, serving others, and reaching out to fellow inmates still living in darkness.
- Teaching Biblical studies and practical life skills with an emphasis on preparing inmates for successful re-entry into society.
- Mentoring those who have committed their lives to following Christ by helping to nurture personal growth and offering spiritual guidance.
- Providing outreach opportunities and experiences through the annual Alabama multi-prison ministry event “ReNew Hope” and other events giving participants an increased passion for missions and further development of spiritual gifts for more effective service in their local churches and communities.
- Collaborating with those who support our purpose including churches, sister ministries, social agencies, and individuals.
If you are interested and want to know more about this ministry click on its logo below.